Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully before you accept them. Once you accept them, they become binding upon you. If you do not wish to accept all the Terms and Conditions, then you must not accept them, you must not complete the Registration Form and you must not accept the services in respect of the use of this website and the membership services further specified below (the “Services”) provided by Rohto Advance Research Hong Kong Limited (the “Company”) OR, if you already have done so, you should contact us immediately.
1. General provisions
- The Terms and Conditions are terms and conditions of an agreement entered into between the Company and you as user of this website and being a Member (as defined below) in respect of the use of this Services.
- If the information provided in the Registration Form is not true or not correct, then without prejudice to any other actions that may be available to the Company, the person submitting the Registration Form shall be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- You declare that you are over 18 years of age.
- You declare and warrant that the information that you provided in the Registration Form is true, complete, and correct. You shall notify the Company immediately of any change in the information provided in the Registration Form.
- You agree that the Company may, at its discretion, carry out verification checks of you and require you to provide certain documents for verification purposes. You agree that you will, when requested, promptly provide documents for the purposes of proof of identity, proof of age as may be necessary.
- The Terms and Conditions become binding upon you once you indicate in the Registration Form of your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and/or link to any part of the Services.
- The Terms and Conditions may be amended from time to time by the Company by notifying you either by email or by posting a new version of the same on the Company’s website. In case of an amendment dealing with changes of legislation or regulatory policies, security requirements, detection or prevention of illegal activities (such as fraud) or similar matters, the amendments shall become binding on you immediately upon notification. It is your sole responsibility to check the Company’s website to ensure that you are aware of the latest version of the Terms and Conditions. If an amendment to the Terms and Conditions is not acceptable to you, your sole remedy is to terminate the membership and acceptance of the Services. Your continued acting under the Terms and Conditions and/or promoting the Service signifies your approval and acceptance of the amendment.
2. Member and Services
- “Member” means an individual who applies for membership after agreeing to the Terms and Conditions in accordance with the procedures established by the Company.
- “Member Information” means information related to Member disclosed by such Member and information including but not limited to the following information:-
- Organization, Faculty, and/or Division which such Member belongs to;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Records of transactions entered by such Member in respect of the Services;
- Access information such as IP address and other information identifying the details of a Member; and
- Preference of information or advertisement (i.e. events, technologies, and/or careers).
- This Terms and Conditions apply to all Members and must be observed during and after the member registration for the Services.
- The Member is entitled to access to the Services provided by the Company upon the registration of himself/herself as “Member”:-
- to receive invitation, and/or newsletter in respect events hold by the Company;
- to receive newsletters and getting access to member only pages introducing about technologies and calls for collaborations;
- posts on career opportunities and internships; and
- Other services to be provided by the Company and agreed by the Member to accept such services.
Customers who have agreed to the Terms and Conditions and applied for the membership will be eligible as Members after completing the Registration Form in accordance with the prescribed registration procedures.
Individuals under 18 years old are prohibited from applying for the membership. If the Company become aware that an individual under 18 years old has applied for the membership, the Company reserves the right to remove such person from the membership services and the information provided by such individual.
Entering Member Information
When registering as a Member, please read the instruction for the Registration Form carefully and enter the necessary information correctly when you fill in the Registration Form. Please note that roman alphabet characters can be entered so special symbols, old Chinese characters, and other characters., etc. cannot be used when entering information into the Registration Form. If these symbols/characters are entered, the Company will amend them accordingly.
- Managing passwords
- The password can only be used by the Member himself/herself and cannot be transferred or lent to a third party.
- The Member himself/herself is responsible for managing his/her password, such as changing it regularly so that it will not be found out by a third party.
- Any activity and conduct including making comment and statement at the website, and/or making payment to the Company by using the password is considered as the Member’s conduct with his/her intention, and Member shall be responsible for such activities and conducts.
4. Change of Member Information
- Member shall promptly contact the Company if there is a change in his/her Member Information.
- The Company is not liable for any damages caused by the Member’s failure to register the change of Member Information. Also, please note that even if a change is made, transactions that have been processed before such change registration will be based on the information available prior to such change.
5. Withdrawal of Membership
If a Member wishes to withIf a Member wishesdraw from his/her membership, the Member himself/herself must immediately contact the Company. The Member will be withdrawn upon completion of the procedure by the Company.
6. Revocation of Membership and Liability for Compensation
- If a Member has made a false declaration when applying for the membership, or if there are other reasons that are deemed to be inappropriate by the Company, the Company, without notifying the Member, may revoke the membership at its absolute discretion.
- When a Member performs any of the following acts, he/she will be liable for any damages suffered by the Company:-
- Unauthorized use of membership number and password;
- Interfering with the Company’s business by accessing its website to amend any information or sending harmful computer programs to the website;
- Acts that infringe the intellectual property right of the Company; and
- Any other acts that violate this Terms and Conditions.
7. Handling of Member Information
- In principle, the Company will not disclose Member Information to a third party without the prior consent of the Member. However, in the following circumstances, the Company may disclose Member Information and other customer information without the prior consent of the Member:-
- When such disclosure is required by a court order or compliance with the applicable laws and regulations;
- When the Company needs Member's information for internal compliance procedure and/or determines that it is necessary to protect its rights, profits and reputation; and/or
- In order to provide the Service and/or proper maintenance of the membership, the Company requires to liaise with and obtain information from and pass information to its third-party service provider or its affiliates.
- The Company shall be able to provide information (including advertisements) to Members by e-mail magazine with the Members’ expressed consent. Members can select the category of information they receive. If Members do not wish to receive such information, the Company will stop providing such information. However, the provision of information necessary for the operation of the Services cannot be stopped upon the request of Members.
8. Member’s Undertakings and Prohibited Matters
- The Member acknowledges and agrees that he/she may have access to or become acquainted with confidential information of the Company or other Member (if any). The Member specifically agrees not to misuse, misappropriate, or disclose any such confidential information of the Company or other Member to any third party, whether directly or indirectly, unless compelled to do so by law.
- The Member accepts that any information of the Company, affiliates or relating to the other Member, including but not limited to information in respect of business and business methods, finances, clients, partners, suppliers, any intellectual property right, whether registered or not, is confidential information of that party unless such information has been put by that party into public domain.
- When using the Services, Members are prohibited from performing any of the following acts:-
- Violation of laws and regulations, this Terms and Conditions, any guidelines for using the Services, other relevant agreements etc.;
- Damaging the rights, profits, and reputation of the Company or any third party;
- Acts that may adversely affect the minors both mentally and physically, or any other acts that are offensive to public moral, use the Services in unlawful manner or form, including placing or using any material which is malicious, obscene, sexually explicit, violent, potentially libelous, discriminatory, infringes anyone’s intellectual property rights or goodwill or reputation, targets persons under the age of 18 years;
- Acts that may cause nuisance or discomfort to other users or third parties;
- Providing false information;
- Sending harmful computer programs, e-mail messages etc.;
- Interfere with the operation or accessibility of any of the Company’s server, unauthorized access to the Company’s servers and other computers;
- Lending/transferring password to a third party or sharing it with a third party;
- Acting in any way that misleading or confusing as to he/she has relationship with the Company and/or its affiliate; and/or.
- Other acts that the Company determines to be inappropriate.
- The Member shall hold harmless and shall indemnify the Company for all damages of losses suffered by the Company or its officers or representatives or other Member due to any breach by the Member of the Terms and Conditions and the applicable laws and regulations.
- Upon notice of any negative publicity concerning the Member, which the Company believes can damage the reputation of the Company, its affiliates. and its brands or those of related companies, the Company has the right to terminate the Services and the membership immediately.
9. Interruption/Suspension of Service
- In order to maintain the quality of the Services, the Company may suspend the Services in whole or in part without prior notice under the following circumstances:-
- Regular system maintenance or emergent system maintenance;
- When the system is overload;
- When it becomes difficult to operate the system due to disasters including fire, power outage, interference by a third party and etc.; and/or
- When the Company determines the necessity to suspend the system.
10. Change/Discontinuation of Service
The Company shall be able to change or abolish all or part of the Services at its absolute discretion without prior notice to the Members.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damages caused by system interruption, delay, suspension, data loss, unauthorized access to data, or other damages caused to Members regarding its service.
- The Company do not guarantee that the mail content sent from its website, servers, domains and etc. does not contain harmful programs such as computer viruses.
- The Company is not liable for any damages caused by any Member’s violation of this Terms and Conditions or breach of the applicable laws and regulations.
12. Governing Law, Jurisdictions
- The Terms and Conditions shall be construed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of Hong Kong, without regard to the conflict of law rules or principles thereof. The courts located in Hong Kong are the agreed- upon forum for the resolution of all disputes arising hereunder, and the parties hereto hereby consent to (i) the jurisdiction and venue of the aforesaid courts for the purpose of resolving all such disputes and (ii) service of process by registered mail, return receipt requested, or any other manner consistent with laws of Hong Kong.
- Notwithstanding the aforementioned, in the event a Member is in breach of, or threatens to breach, any of obligations under the Terms and Conditions, the Company shall be entitled to apply for interim relief (including injunctive relief) in any court having jurisdiction over the Member to prevent such Member from breaching, or continuing to breach, such obligation.